Like everyone around the world, we have been shocked and horrified by the bushfires impacting communities all across Australia. And like every Australian, LOD wants to do what we can to help those impacted by this tragedy. As a business, LOD will be donating AU$30k to the Red Cross Disaster Relief and Recovery and we will also be matching contributions by our staff, lawyers and consultants.
As a member of the legal community, we are also part of a profession that can help by providing guidance and advice for those in need. There are a few simple ways we can help, beyond financial donations.
- Lawyers in Victoria, you can register interest for personal legal volunteering using this form
- Lawyers in other states of Australia, please refer to your Law Society Website
- For those helping impacted individuals understand their legal advice options, we encourage utilising the Law Council’s resource page and also using Justice Connects’ Referrer tool
Finally, there a couple of other ways to help:
- If you want to donate items, please refer to this list of what’s needed: http://www.givit.org.au/items-needed
- You can buy from businesses in the communities affected by the fire by referring to: https://www.instagram.com/spendwiththem/
From: Tom Hartley (CEO), Ken Jagger (Co-founder) and Paul Cowling (Managing Director, Australia)
Articles 41 months ago