Acquisition creates the market leader in people and tech solutions for legal teams
LOD (Lawyers On Demand) and SYKE have announced the signing of a transformational deal to combine forces with Consilio, the global leader in legal consulting and enterprise legal services. This creates the worldwide leader in the provision of people and tech solutions to legal teams around the globe.
Together, Consilio, LOD, and SYKE now have a team of approximately 10,000 lawyers, legal engineers, legal operations consultants, paralegals, and risk & compliance professionals spanning North America, Europe, Australia, Asia, and the Middle East. The combination has been driven by the globalisation of legal teams and their need to adopt new, more efficient, and cost-effective working practices.
Since its creation in 2007, LOD has built a community of 4,500+ legal practitioners providing clients across 25 countries with on-demand expertise to meet their needs. LOD’s clients include 27 members of the FTSE 100 and 54 members of the ASX 200. In 2021, SYKE, Europe’s top legal technology consultancy and law tech experts, combined with LOD to drive legal system implementations, optimisation, and commercial contracting services.
Robb Hern, SVP of Enterprise Legal Services, Consilio says: “Our clients are asking us to serve them on a global basis more and more every day. The similarities between our companies in terms of culture, commitment to employee experience and client experience, and operational excellence have been remarkable. Consilio clients will immediately benefit from the in-market expertise LOD and SYKE can offer combined with our existing global enterprise offerings.”
LOD’s founder, Simon Harper says: “Consilio has a great story as it has a history of bringing very strategic acquisitions into its fold to become the global leader in legal consulting and services. We’re excited about our shared culture and the vision for what we can offer together to global legal teams.”
On completion of the transaction, UK private equity firm Bowmark Capital realises its five-year investment in LOD and SYKE – a period defined by considerable growth.
- Consilio: Consilio Announces Intent to Acquire Lawyers On Demand and SYKE to Bolster Legal Flexible Talent and Advisory Capabilities
- Bowmark Capital: Bowmark realises investment in The LOD Group
- Law.com: UK's Lawyers on Demand and SYKE to be Acquired by e-Discovery and Legal Services Provider Consilio
- The Legal Diary: Marriage a La Modem by Consilio, LOD and SYKE
- Lawyers Weekly: LOD to be acquired by Consilio
- Legal Futures: Sale to US company will “turbo-charge” growth, says LOD boss
- Law360: Consilio To Acquire Alt. Legal Services Provider LOD Group
- Legal IT Insider: Consilio to acquire LOD and SYKE in major expansion of its enterprise legal services business
- Legal Technologist: Consilio Announces Intent to Acquire Lawyers On Demand and SYKE
- Legal IT Professionals: Consilio Announces Intent to Acquire Lawyers On Demand and SYKE
- Legaltech News (Law.com): Consilio to Acquire UK’s Lawyers On Demand and SYKE to Globally Expand ELS
- Corporate Compliance Insights: Consilio to Acquire Lawyers on Demand and SYKE
- Complex Discovery: Consilio Targets Global Growth with Acquisition of Lawyers On Demand and SYKE
- Silicon: Consilio Announces Intent to Acquire Lawyers On Demand and SYKE to Bolster Legal Flexible Talent and Advisory Capabilities
- Businesswire: Consilio Announces Intent to Acquire Lawyers On Demand and SYKE to Bolster Legal Flexible Talent and Advisory Capabilities
- Australasian Lawyer: LOD set for sale to Consilio
You may also like